Hypnosis from historical perspective
How does hypnosis work
* Adkins, G. H. (1986). Hypnotic induction for the atypical patient. Journal of the American Academy of Medical Hypnoanalysts, 1(1), 34-37.
* Carlson, N. R. (1991). Physiology of behavior (4th ed.). Needham Heights, MA: Simon & Schuster.
* Egbert, L.D. (1985). The research, teaching, and use of psychologic factors are definitely not a major concern among surgeons and anesthetists. Advances, 2(4), 56-59.
* Evans, F. J. (1990). Hypnosis and pain control. Australian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 33(1), 1-10.
* Hajek, P., Radil, T., & Jakoubek, B. (1991). Hypnotic skin analgesy in healthy individuals and patients with atopic eczema. Homeostasis in Health and Disease, 33(3), 156-157.
* Hall, H. (1986). Hypnosis, suggestion, and the psychology of healing : A historical perspective. Advances, 3(3), 29-37.
* Hawkins, R. (1988). The role of hypnotherapy in the pain clinic. Australian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 16(1), 23-30.
* Morris, B. A. (1985). Hypnotherapy of warts using the Simonton visualization technique. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 27(4), 237-240.
* Silva, M. N. (1990). “May the force be with you” hypnotherapy with a leukemic child. Psychotherapy in Private Practice, 8(3), 49-54.
* Spiegel, D., Bierre, P., & Rootenberg, J. (1989). Hypnotic alteration of somatosensory perception. American Journal of Psychiatry, 146(6), 749-754.
* Spies, G. (1979). Desensitization of test anxiety: hypnosis compared with biofeedback. The American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 22(2), 108-111.
* VanDyck, R., Zitman, F. G., Linssen, A. C., & Spinhoven, P. (1991). Autogenic training and future oriented hypnotic imagery in the treatment of tension headaches. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 39(1), 6-23.
* Venn, J. (1987). Hypnosis and Lamaze method. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 35(2), 79-82.
* Watkins, J. G., & Watkins, H. H. (1990). Dissociation and displacement : where goes the ouch? American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 33(1), 1-10.
* Weinstein, E. J., & Au, P. K. (1991). Use of hypnosis during angioplasty. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 34(1), 29-37.
* Weishaar, B. B. (1986). A comparison of Lamaze and hypnosis in the management of labor. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 28(4), 214-217.